Waterloo Community Action Forum – Focus on Inclusion
What Have We Done Since July 8th?
Reminder of the 2nd Quarterly Follow up Meeting
When: Tuesday October 7, 2008
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Where: Hauser Haus
Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex
On Tuesday July 8th, 2008 close to 30 people came together to share what action they had taken on issues identified at the April 18th Community Action Forum. Those present formed four smaller groups to further discuss the following topics:
- Homelessness and Adequate Housing
- Poverty and Community Engagement of Marginalized People
- Criticizing Inclusion and Affirming the Particular
- Inclusive Learning Environments and Mentoring Leadership
There was not enough time to address other topics that had emerged at the April forum:
- Community Communications, Arts & Culture and Sports
- Accessibility in Uptown Waterloo
- New Canadians/Faith Communities/Facilities and Spaces
- Growing Older
- Moving Ahead with What We Have
How to Prepare for the 2nd Inclusion Forum Follow up Discussion Come prepared to share and discuss:
- The action you have taken since July in ANY of the areas identified at the April
Community Action Forum;
- What action you want to take in the coming months;
- Concrete outcomes we want to result from our action and
- How to plan our action to be more successful in achieving these outcomes.
We all share responsibility to make Waterloo a more inclusive, intelligent community. Your energy, commitment and passion will guide your action. By working together can to see the sum of the various threads of action we are taking. We look forward to seeing you October 7th at 7:00 p.m.
If you have not already confirmed your intention to participate, please RSVP to Kim Cox, Social Planning Council of Kitchener-Waterloo, 519-579-1096 Ext. 3005 or by email at email@example.com.